Senior Engineer, Reservoir
Suncor - Calgary, Canada
Job Description Back
Reporting to the manager, Firebag reservoir development, you will be responsible for leading the resource team deliverables associated with various new technologies and sustaining pad development projects.
- Lead and/or support the development and implementation of new technology pilots and their field-wide commercialization
- Support and adhere to subsurface process safety
- Support the Firebag sustaining well pad development program and annual reserves assessment
- Support the development of the firebag major property review and long-range plan including production volumes, capital, and expenses
- Define and evaluate well testing
- Evaluate and optimize existing pool performance (depletion strategy) to maximize Firebag’s economic value
- Provide technical reservoir and economic analyses of diverse investments within Firebag
- Provide support to production and well operations and forecast near and long term plant steam/fluid demands
- Lead and/or support forecasting toolkit enhancement (analytical, simulation)
- Identify and coordinate relevant technical data gathering/analysis and recommendations for potential work-over and brown field development opportunities
- Minimum of seven years of oil and gas experience; a focus on reservoir and/or production engineering is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Registered as a professional engineer through APEGA
- Knowledge of thermal recovery processes is preferred
- You have the ability to lead projects and collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- Demonstrated aptitude to solve challenging technical issues and opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to understand and integrate other functional disciplines
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Post DateMar 12, 2017