Suncor - Calgary, Canada
Job Description Back
Reporting to the manager, commercial services, you are responsible for providing commercial support and mentorship to internal stakeholder groups within the Oil Sands Regional Development Wood Buffalo. You will participate in business opportunity analysis, collaborating in multi-disciplinary teams, supporting commercial negotiations, contract management, resolving disputes and liaising with third-party operators integrated in Suncor’s oil sands and in situ operations.
- Support all commercial activities being stewarded by the Regional Development commercial team
- Participate in business opportunity identification and analysis involving both existing and new assets
- Work with corporate and business unit functional experts with multidisciplinary project teams
- Coordinate the collection of inputs from technical groups to support economic evaluations
- Assist in the development of commercial strategies and commercial governance structuring
- Negotiate Suncor’s participation in developments and facilities
- Evaluate and propose modifications to contractual agreements to improve business performance
- Manage commercial relationships with third-party contractors and stakeholders
- Seven or more years of commercial experience
- Demonstrated success as a commercial practitioner in the energy sector
Experience in managing internal and third-party stakeholders, associated contracts and conflicts
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, law or a related discipline
- Can identify new and optimizing business opportunities while balancing risk and reward
- Ability to secure, distil and evaluate the data necessary for bringing forward business recommendations
- Skilled in navigating, interpreting and negotiating complex commercial structures and agreements
- Highly motivated team player who readily collaborates with others
- Possesses a broad knowledge of the industry and its commercial processes
- You will be based in Calgary at the Suncor Energy Centre with occasional trips to Fort McMurray
- After hours coverage may be required
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Post DateApr 16, 2017