Welder - (4227)
Northern Tier Energy - St Paul Park Refining Co LLC - St. Paul Park, US
Job Description Back
St. Paul Park Refining Co. LLC has a full-time opening for a Pipe Welder with experience in SMAW. This position will require pipe welding and structural welding, welding with stringent quality requirements that include radiographic, ultrasonic, penetrant and magnetic particle examination of completed welds and other duties as assigned. To qualify for this position you must pass a 2” scheduled 160 pipe test in the 6G position. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Fabrication of new butt welded and socket welded piping spools from ½ “ to 24” piping
- Read prints, P&ID’s and ISO’s
- Makes welding repairs to Refinery equipment as needed
- Installation of new piping spools
- Removal of old piping spools
- Hydro test piping spools
- Fabricate and install piping supports and hangers
- Weld Carbon steel, Stainless steel and various alloys per piping specifications using GMAW and SMAW.
- Cut steel using a plasma cutter or torch
- Performs in unit repairs at customer location.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures
- Complete necessary QC documents as required, Weld logs, red lines, hydro test forms.
- Review work orders, retrieve necessary materials, inspect component materials for compliance.
- Cut, machine, clean, prep all welding materials.
- Work from prints and/or instructions with a minimum of supervision to weld less complex, sometimes repetitive parts and assemblies.
- Responsible for quality control of parts produced
- Responsible for preparation, construction, and finishing of welds
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Pass 2” scheduled 160 pipe in 6G position
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience working in a refinery setting a plus
- Experience with GMAW
St. Paul Park Refining Co. LLC offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Post DateApr 2, 2017