Team Lead, Data Analytics
Suncor - Calgary, Canada
Job Description Back
Reporting to the director, vendor and joint venture audits, you will develop and lead a group of data analytics specialists to support multiple clients within the enterprise risk and audit team. Your primary objective will be to provide complex analytics support to vendor audit, internal audit and corporate security including fraud monitoring and investigation support.
- Use big data and unique technical skills to improve internal and external processes while driving continuous improvement
- Lead the prioritization and planning of the engagements and manage their execution reviewing various controls and areas of noncompliance
- Oversee team to assist on fraud investigations and forensic accounting
- Oversee audit engagements including scheduling, monitoring performance of staff and reviewing and signing off on reports to ensure compliance with professional standards and procedures
- Establish relationships with audit client groups to manage work demands
- Manage continuous monitoring portfolio of data analytics team for corporate security
- Lead, mentor and share expertise in data extraction and audit analysis techniques
- Provide independent recommendations and advice for improvement in controls and processes
- Five or more years of direct audit experience
- Five or more years oil & gas accounting experience
- ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA), Certified Construction Auditor (CCA), and/or Associate Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE) an asset
- Knowledge of current best practices in the field of data analytics
- Post-secondary education in accounting/finance
- Ability to assess principle risks across complex processes, scope engagements accordingly, and lead staff to achieve objectives
- Capacity to manage, review and perform work in line with professional engagement standards (IIA, GAAP, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of SAP SRM, BW, CRM, Livelink
- Develop a capable team of professionals with superior technical expertise handling big data and problem solving
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Post DateMar 12, 2017