Repairman Apprentice - Ponca City Refinery
Phillips66 - Ponca city, Oklahoma
Job Description Back
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Repairmen Apprentice - Ponca City Refinery work in the maintenance department of the Refinery. The positions are typically straight day jobs, subject to occasional shift work, turnarounds, call outs and mandatory overtime. Repairmen are responsible for repairing, altering, fabricating, removing, installing, assembling, troubleshooting and servicing a wide variety of processing equipment. Equipment includes: pumps, seals, valves, fans, reciprocating compressors, centrifugal compressors, steam turbines, and gearboxes. This work takes place in all areas of the refinery, outside exposed to the weather elements and to blowing air, heat, noise and vibration. The refinery processes involve hazardous and volatile materials under high temperatures and pressures. The work may take place at heights on vessels and towers and/or in confined spaces.
Responsibilities may include :
- Installation, removal, maintenance and repair of rotating equipment
- Installing tubing and piping components, including flanges, unions, joints, gaskets, nozzles, valves
- Blinding and un-blinding equipment for maintenance
- Reading machine drawings, P&IDs, schematics and technical manuals for responsible execution of work assignments
- Perform basic rigging
- Coordinate work of others as needed
- Operate fork lift, man- lifts, and overhead cranes
- Operate torque equipment (pneumatic, hydraulic, manual)
- Manual machining including engine lathe, milling, and shaft grinding, drilling, and sawing
- Shaft alignment (laser)
- Mechanical seal removal, installation, troubleshooting, and repair
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current valid driver's license
- Three or more years of experience in either pump repair, machinist, or diesel mechanic field or related studies
- Completion of an apprenticeship, certification or associate degree program in area Pump Repair, Machinist, Diesel Mechanic fields or related studies
- Experience in computer usage basics including e-mail, Microsoft Windows navigation, SAP
- Ability to clearly communicate, written and oral (English language)
- Ability to read at a level to understand written safety procedures, work procedures, work permits, instruction manuals (English language)
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The Ponca City Refinery in Oklahoma has a crude oil processing capacity of 196 MBPD. Both foreign and domestic crudes are delivered by pipeline from Canada, Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas. The refinery's facilities include fluid catalytic cracking, delayed coking and hydro-desulfurization units that enable it to produce high ratios of gasoline and diesel fuel from crude oil. Finished petroleum products are shipped by truck, rail and Company-owned and common carrier pipelines to markets throughout the mid-continent region. Operations are run 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Major Products: Gasoline, Diesel, Jet fuel, Kerosene, Heating oils.
Capacities: Crude oil and Other Charge Capacity: 203,000 BPD; Gasoline Production Capacity: 110,000 BPD; Distillate Production Capacity: 90,000 BPD.
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 7, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 34951
Department: Ponca City Refinery
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Ponca City
Post DateFeb 26, 2017