MOTIVA - Base Oil Sales Manager - Houston, TX
Shell - Houston - One Allen Center
Job Description Back
Motiva operates North America’s largest single-site base oil manufacturing facility. The sales manager role is responsible for developing optimal outlets for Motiva base oil products and maximizing profitability. This includes developing new business as well as supporting existing customer accounts to achieve business plan targets.
Manage and oversee U.S. regional accounts for base oils. This includes negotiating contracts and ensuring compliance with each customer contract. High proficiency in selling and negotiations is required due to the external customer base and the senior levels of management that are engaged.
- Manage business performance of customer accounts to ensure delivery of P&L targets including volumetric growth, revenue delivery and expense management.
- Advise and direct customer service and scheduling personnel at the Port Arthur refinery. Also, coordinate with refinery operations personnel determining product slate mix to be produced based on marketing demand.
- Manage work with the credit department to develop and maintain credit lines for new and existing customer accounts. Also, oversee accounts receivables for customer accounts to ensure their status remains current and take action on past due accounts.
- Analyze base oil marketing supply and demand to provide input on Motiva's base oil pricing.
- Manage product inventories for optimal working capital and MOR (mean operating requirements).
- Promote and develop advantageous relationships with customers, industry organizations, service providers and affiliates.
- Support and contribute to the development of strategies and business models to enhance competitive positioning in existing and new markets.
- Identify opportunities to leverage capabilities and product slate to develop differentiated strategic selling advantages.
Post DateMar 12, 2017