Inspector, In-Service Pressure Equipment
Suncor - Edmonton, Canada
Job Description Back
Reporting to the inspection team leader, you will be responsible for the fixed pressure equipment and records in your assigned unit of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with industry, company and local jurisdiction codes relative to the fixed pressure equipment
- Manage vessels, piping, pressure safety valves, and equipment records within SAP and Documentum programs
- Manage the core inspection programs, piping corrosion management system (PCMS)
- Communicate and address daily issues with the area teams, operations and central maintenance
- Participate in failure analysis, root cause analysis, and materials selection processes
- Manage inspection contractors and budget accordingly
- Assist maintenance processes with shutdown planning and inspection support via SAP
- Provide technical direction in an area team environment for fixed equipment
- Five years of experience working as an inspector in a refinery or petrochemical facility
- Materials or welding technology diploma or equivalent industry experience preferred
- API 510 and ABSA in service certification
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
- Working knowledge of API 653, API 510, API 570, API 936 as well as 579, 580, 581
- Knowledge of root cause failure analysis, non-destructive testing techniques, welding processes and basic metallurgy
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and basic SAP proficiency
- Excellent decision making skills, and written and verbal communication skills for a team environment
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Post DateApr 2, 2017