Infrastructure Solution Architect
Suncor - Calgary, Canada
Job Description Back
Reporting to the manager, business services, infrastructure design and build, you will play a key technology leadership role in defining the future of our infrastructure solution architecture within the information technology (IT) project portfolio at Suncor. You will bring your wide breadth of IT knowledge to bear and identify appropriate solutions during the opportunity analysis phase on moderate to high complexity projects across the enterprise.
- Deliver the solution architecture artifacts required for all infrastructure projects
- Convert business requirements into maintainable high level infrastructure solutions observing existing architectural strategies and standards and technological realities as well as operational and financial constraints
- Provide input into high level solution design activities and ensure the design will meet business requirements throughout the lifecycle of the project, including (but not limited to) design of: server infrastructure; storage infrastructure (SAN, NAS, enterprise backup and recovery); enterprise WAN, LAN, and security solutions
- Ensure infrastructure architecture conformity to enterprise architectural standards and roadmaps
- Participate in, and lead as necessary, project meetings with clients and direct the end to end technical solution as delivered into operations while guiding solution designers reporting to you
- Collaborate with global internal and external partners including business customers, multi-functional project teams, enterprise architecture, third parties, and operations
- Advise on current industry standards and third party solution alternatives
- Work on multiple projects concurrently
- A minimum five years of related infrastructure solution experience in a mid to large sized oil and gas, energy, telecommunications or industrial enterprise
- Strong working knowledge of information technology infrastructure library (ITIL)
- Post-secondary education in computer science, software engineering, management information systems or related field
- Certification in enterprise architecture such as the open group architecture framework (TOGAF), is beneficial
- Demonstrated solutions consulting experience collaborating with teams in multi-cultural and virtual environments
- Possess a wide scope of knowledge on technological components (servers, storage, end user computing and networks)
- Participated in, and familiar with Agile, Iterative, and Waterfall project methodology and practices
- Adaptable to change and ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build key relationships with all parties
- This position is based in Calgary, Alberta at the Suncor Energy Centre
- Travel to plant sites globally may be required on an infrequent basis
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Post DateApr 16, 2017