Emergency Response Technician
Phillips66 - Belle chasse, Louisiana
Job Description Back
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Emergency Response Technician will be responsible for conducting emergency response training and maintaining and testing Emergency Preparedness systems and hardware (infrastructure and equipment).
Responsibilities may include:
- Provide response to all process fire, technical rescue, medical, and HAZMAT calls when on-shift.
- Demonstrating knowledge and competency in firefighting equipment and strategies
- Maintaining and testing Emergency Preparedness systems, personnel and hardware (infrastructure and equipment).
- Planning and conducting on-shift emergency drills with Operations and Emergency Response personnel
- Conducting onsite and offsite Emergency Response Brigade training.
- Conducting on and offsite air monitoring during release conditions.
- Conducting inspection, testing, and minor maintenance of mobile emergency response equipment.
- Assisting in on-shift safety related training.
- Maintaining proper documentation (i.e. firewater maps, pump information).
- Performing fire suppression system inspections
- Understanding and improving ICS teams and processes
- Coordinating proper inspections and test of portable fire suppression apparatus.
- Coordinating repair of fire water systems.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or higher
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- National Registry or State of Louisiana in Emergency Medical Responder
- NFPA 472 – Hazardous Materials Technician (OSHA 1910.120)
- NFPA 1006 – Rope Rescue Technician
- NFPA 1081 – Advanced Exterior Firefighter
Willing and able to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation, with the following:
Lift up to 50 pounds
- Climb up to 200 feet
- Remain on call as needed
- Work overtime on an as-needed basis
- Wear personal protective equipment (such as fire retardant clothing, steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
- Maintain your face so that a respirator / face mask can seal properly. (i.e to be clean shaven (facial hair)
- Perform firefighting duties
- Work outside in harsh weather conditions
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm
- NFPA 1002 – Apparatus Driver/Pump Operator
- NFPA 1021 – Fire Officer 1
- NFPA 1401 – Instructor 1
- NIMS 100, 200, 300, 700
- Ansul Extinguisher Maintenance Technician
- Scott SCBA Technician
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The Alliance Refinery is located 20 miles south of New Orleans on Highway 23. The refinery was built in 1971 and is one of the last world-scale grassroots refineries built in the United States. The facility is specifically designed and constructed for highly efficient operations that refine crude oil into gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence.Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 16, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 35146
Department: Alliance Refinery
Location: United States - Louisiana - Belle Chasse
Post DateMar 12, 2017