Area Manager, Turnaround
Suncor - Fort McMurray, Canada
Job Description Back
Are you someone who works well under pressure and looking to join our operation’s turnaround team? Reporting to the director, turnaround execution, you will identify and lead all factors essential in the safe preparation and execution of the assigned area turnaround.
- Ensure that a well-adapted approach to safety is present in our team
- Utilize the expertise of supporting groups and ensure that work is completed in compliance with our plans, policies, procedures and values
- Lead the turnaround core team through all stages of the turnaround process from concept planning to scheduling, contract strategy, contractor kick off, execution, close out and lessons learned
- Ensure adequate procedures, training and safety programs are in place for the delivery of a safe turnaround
- Directly influence key turnaround event decisions including contracts, quality, safety, budget, materials and services, schedule and work execution and, scope addition, deletion and challenges
- Engage contractor knowledge and experience to reduce uncertainty, optimize turnaround execution safety, plan, schedule, and minimize loss profit opportunities
- Participate in the development of goals and objectives for employees and contractors and ensure effective interaction between all departments
- Develop and manage an estimate to cost effectively deliver the turnaround event on budget
- Five or more years of experience in a leadership role; supervisory or management experience within operations and maintenance is preferred
- Experience with commissioning, start-up and shut-down, and turnarounds is preferred
- Project management experience is an asset
- Technology diploma, engineering degree or trade certification is preferred
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Adaptive work style with an ability to work under pressure while handling multiple priorities, challenging demands in a high-stress, dynamic work environment
- Computer proficiency specifically in Microsoft Office and SAP
- Ability to implement systems, procedures and standards required for excellent safety performance, reliability and integrity, and ensure they are executed in a highly focused manner
- Ability to work with diverse partners, manage conflict and have strong decision making processes to optimize outcomes is key to success in this role
- Knowledge of the plant, facilities and all equipment within an operating plant
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- The shift schedule is a regular Monday to Friday, but during turnarounds, you will work a modified work schedule to align with the turnaround schedule
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
- During turnaround there will be a significant time commitment to ensure successful completion of the area turnaround
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Post DateApr 2, 2017