Analyst, Project Tailings
Suncor - Fort McMurray, Canada
Job Description Back
Reporting to the manager, tailings projects, you will support tailings project objectives by providing cost associated skills and analysis at all levels throughout the whole project life cycle.
- Develop processes for better cost control from contractor interactions and track actual cost incurred for the assigned project portfolio
- Review, evaluate and make recommendations on how to best support the group
- Scrutinize daily charge submissions such as timesheets and labour, equipment and materials service sheets (LEMS)
- Build shopping carts on behalf of the projects team as required
- Track and report the daily/weekly spends against commitments for expense projects
- Ensure vendor invoices are submitted in a timely manner and resolve discrepancy issues
- Evaluate engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) and construction spend analysis against supply change management contracts and/or union contracts
- Translate the project execution plan and include estimates and schedules into a work breakdown structure for proper project entry into SAP
- Support the project lead in the collection and finalization of forecasting project changes and variance analysis for resulting spends and trends
- Build detailed monthly cost reporting and project financial analysis and present to the project lead as required
- Five or more years of experience in projects; project experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred
- Business or technical degree or diploma
- Project, accounting or cost designation is preferred
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite and SAP
- Strong numerical and problem solving skills and a deep understanding of industry leading project governance practices, standards and procedures
- Deep understanding of financial process and practice, and supply chain management process
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Post DateApr 16, 2017